This newly created position of Warehouse Coordinator is a contract position that will have the following responsibilities associated with it.
- Receive food and product donations, weigh and record.
- Sort, organize and date food and products and place onto the warehouse racks in a categorical manner.
- Operate the fork truck in a safe and responsible manner.
- Work closely with volunteers and delegate tasks to our volunteers such as stocking shelves, sorting bread racks, bagging and breaking down products.
- Keep fridges and freezers clean, tidy and organized.
- Check temperatures of fridges and freezers each morning to ensure they are at the correct temperature. Ensure water and bleach solutions are prepared for each sink.
- Assist with the 5 Saturday sorting days during food drives.
- Assist with the sorting of APS groceries each Tuesday morning.
- Divide the Hub distribution products as per the distribution percentage once each month.
- Watch for hazardous situations and clean up after any spills.
- Ensure the warehouse is operating in an overall safe manner.
- Ensure frozen and chilled products are put away immediately.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Knowledge and experience of grocery store or warehouse operations.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn safe food handling practices.
- Attention to details.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Positive attitude.
- Clean, safe working environment in the warehouse for our volunteers and staff.
- Organized, safe storage of food products.
- Good relationships initiated and maintained with volunteers, donors and staff
The hours of operation for this position are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 12:00 noon plus the occasional afternoon. Expected numbers of hours per week is 20 to 25. These hours will be expanded during annual food drives.
This position would report to the Operations Manager.
Resume may be sent to Evy Willer, Operations Manager, 42 Anne St south, Barrie, ON L4M 4S9 or by email to email@example.com We will be accepting applications until September 3, 2013.